The Joshua Tree Music Festival is hosted right here in our very own
Joshua Tree National Park twice a year, Spring and Fall
The Fall event is right around the corner and will run October 10th-13th, 2019 and be held at the Joshua Tree Lake Campground located at 2601 Sunfair Road in Joshua Tree.
Have you been??
When we think of music festivals like StageCoach and Coachella, being entirely kid-friendly doesn’t really come to mind. So, we had to ask….is the Joshua Tree Music Festival kid-friendly??
The overwhelming answer….YES!
And here’s why:
- Kidsville is a designated area within the entry gates that caters to nothing but children!! Kidsville is staffed Thursday 2pm to 6pm, and Friday thru Sunday 10am to 6pm with hours of scheduled children’s activities and performances, like a Creation Station, Storytelling on the Bus Stage, Kids Yoga, and so much more…
- Camp in FAMILY CAMP to be around more families, and for a quieter space after hours.
- Lots of ‘eyes and ears’ keeping the festival grounds safe and fun for all.
- Plenty of shade (over 35,000 square feet) keeps us all out of the sun.
- Well water flows freely for all to stay hydrated.
If you haven’t already purchased tickets and taken advantage of the ‘locals’ discount, an adult 4-day full-event ticket will run $220, and a 1-day entry ticket $50-$90 depending on the day…but, children 10 and under are free (still need to reserve the ticket) and ages 11-16 years get 4-day full-event festival passes for $90.
If that doesn’t work for you, maybe you can work for it… The JT Music Festival wouldn’t exist without the numerous volunteers behind the scenes. If you have an extra 16-20 hours of free time to volunteer before or during the festival, consider the Work Exchange Program and you can earn your 4-day entry pass to the event (pending availability and current need).
Click here to apply and find out more information regarding the Work Exchange Program.
All in all, hanging out in Kidsville sounds pretty cool, and we’ll be making the trip!